Sunday, May 8, 2016

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

It's Mother's Day today. My mother passed earlier this year and today is a bit unsettled for me. My cousin sent me this picture of my mom probably taken back in the late 70s. I think it is a fun picture. Don't you just love the glasses?



I miss you Mom.

How do you like my new German Shepard? I've named him Gunter. My daughter sent him to me because I told her I had been thinking a lot about German Shepards lately.

I think she decided this was a safer way for me to deal with a large-breed dog. I must say, I agree.  I think he is very handsome.

I love my gorgeous Mother's Day flowers. 

Thank you Janet & Robert! What a delightful Spring bouquet.

I hope you have a great week and  

Quilt happy,

Marilyn

4 comments:

Marianne said...

So sorry, Marilyn. It is hard to face those special days, the first year especially. Keep focusing on happy memories.

Love Gunter! We have a friend whose collie is named Gunther - what a sweet dog!

hetty said...

I know how you feel. I am dealing with similar issues today. My kids and William helped me celebrate today. That helped a lot. Love your German Sheppard! My husband's name is Gunter Very German.

Karen said...

Yes, Mother's Day has become bitter-sweet, but aren't we blessed to have such good memories of our Moms?
I got flowers from my boys yesterday too - for the first time. They still came with a homemade card though...which is pretty funny at their ages. Gotta love it :)

Needled Mom said...

LOVE Gunter!!! That is the perfect dog. lol

It is always difficult to celebrate those special days for our parents when they are missed every day.