Sunday, February 21, 2010

Quilting Retreat Ruminations



The Frances Moore Machine Quilting Retreat is over and I believe all eighteen of us had a great time. Here is Frances with her white board, drawing "spines". I believe the spines turned into gorgeous feathers.

Here are some of the students with their heads to the grindstone, or sewing machines at least.
And some more of those busy quilters, so deeply concentrating they don't even realize I am taking their picture. You know how busy they must have been.

Here shows a couple of patterns. On the right is an all over quilting pattern referred to as "dwirling". On the left shows baby step to quilting feathers.

But, just take a look at those grown-up steps in quilting feathers. Wonderful wouldn't you say? This is really a very fun and intense few days of quilting. However, tired as we all are, everyone went home feeling more confident with that quilt top sitting there begging to be quilted.
Happy quilting.
Marilyn

9 comments:

beth said...

quilting all weekend! AAAH you poor thing. ;) Looks like you had fun.

Sharon-NZ said...

OH I would love to go to something like that

Beeshebags said...

Looks like a great weekend....sorry you had a fall....you really must learn to drink more water with it Marilyn! Hugs Naomi

Oh and forgot to say, I'm really proud of you for taking your camera and remembering to use it for a change....lol

Karen Mallory said...

You learned a lot hey! The feathers really improved!! I need to have a practice session. I was going to try feathers on my latest quilt but chickened out!
hugs Karen

Melissa ;-) said...

Oh I don't know if I'll ever get good enough to try feathers. Better to stick with the all over designs that cover mistakes better!

Frances Moore said...

Based on the above comments,Marilyn you were right. We need a day of feathers! I can't believe you and Robin are blogging already! I had a wonderful time.

Melinda said...

Looks like you had a great time. Feathers are looking good.

Pamela O said...

FUN FUN FUN weekend!!!! I agree, a full days of feathers.

Khris said...

You are much braver than me...I am such a chicken....will stick with the stitch in the ditch...lol
Hugs Khris