Tuesday, July 27, 2010

YESTERDAY

Who else is working on Lyn Brown's mystery quilt? I am making the larger size and clue one was 80 rail fences. I sewed these a couple of weeks ago on a retreat. Yesterday I sewed clue two, which is 80 nine patches. Oh my gosh, I took all day to get it done. But, bring on clue three.

Then I went to the mailbox and this was there. I don't know who sent it; but, someone who knows how much I love poodle anything. The only clue is that it is from Deleware. Thank you Random Act of Kindness person. It really made my day and put a big smile on my face. And, isn't it just so cute?



Quilt happy,


Marilyn

7 comments:

Melinda said...

I enjoy mystery quilts but 80 of any block would scare me off. Good luck with it.

Andee said...

I am doing Lyn's mystery too! Two of my non blogging friends are as well...I am excited for the next clue and to have found someone else online making it!

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

What a perfect key ring. It's so you.

Barb said...

Not doing the mystery quilt but sounds interesting.

Don't you just love surprises??

Karen Mallory said...

Your blocks looks great! I did a mystery quilt once. It was a clue a month in our quilt guild newsletter. Love the poodle key ring!!
hugs Karen

scottylover said...

I am doing the mystery! I got half way through the step 2 blocks tonight. Hope to get them all done tomorrow. I' doing the small size tho, so only have to make 48. :)

Sandy (One of the non-blogging friends of Andee, also!)

Beeshebags said...

I'm happy the key fob arrived....Happy Belated Birthday....it should've got there the day after your birthday. A year or so ago, all I could find was poodle stuff....but once I found out you liked poodles....do you think I could find anything that I thought you would like? lol (At least I can go leave feedback in Ebay now that I know it arrived.) Hugs Naomi