Thursday, May 5, 2011

MEMORIES I SNAGGED WHILE FISHING

I am back from a visit with my family in Florida.  I also brought back a nasty cold.  I think I am prone to airplane sickness.  But, I had a WONDERFUL visit.  Here are some of the memories of the grands I snagged while gone. 

My grandson, Kalani, had his "Evening of the Arts" night and it was a huge success.  My daughter, son-in-law, and I all transformed his classroom into an art gallery.  From this:


to this:





My granddaughter, Lauren, was in a play: "The Murderous Mansion of Mr. Uno"

Lauren is the one holding the envelope. I think she may have a future in acting.

My granddaughter, Maddie, won 2nd place for this art work:
I think she has a future in art.

I also went to Kalani's baseball game:
He could grow up to be a baseball star; but, he already wants to be an inventor and make things to help people.

My granddaughter, Noelle, is taking gymnastics and climbs on everything:

She is such the charmer; and, she also paints.

And last, the grand furbaby, Molly.  Molly is Trudy's sister.

The lucky sister.  She gets to live with a family of four active children. 

Now, I'm off to nurse this cold with homemade chicken soup.

Quilt happy,
Marilyn



12 comments:

Jan said...

Marilyn, Thanks for sharing part of your trip to visit your wonderful family. Hope you feel better soon.

Susan said...

Sorry you had to come back to CA with a nasty cold. Not a fun "momento" to bring back from such a fun trip. Hope you feel better soon. I'm looking forward to attending my first Quilters by the Sea meeting in June! :)

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

I really enjoyed the pictures. Hope you feel better soon.

Micki said...

Your granddaughter is very talented..I would have loved attending that event!
Micki

maddie said...

Great shots! I'm so sorry you caught a cold....darn it! I hope you feel better real soon. Hugs and kisses

Beeshebags said...

Loved seeing the pics Marilyn....hope the Chicken Soup works really quick for you and that you feel better soon. Hugs Naomi

Melissa ;-) said...

Looks like you had a great time and very cool what you did in his classroom!

Unknown said...

Marilyn,
Your grans are beautiful AND talented. I'm guessing they all get their good looks and talent from GranMom, eh...lol.
Cute doggie.....

hugz for you to feel much better!

Diana said...

Oh that was so much fun looking at your pics and seeing what your grandchildren have been up to, you have every right to be so proud of them, what great kids.Hope you feel better real soon.
hugs
Diana

Barb said...

You needed to come home to rest up...hope you get better!!

Theodora quilts said...

plenty of talent the artists of the bunch probebly take after you don't you think,take care of that cold.

hetty said...

Hope you are feeling better. Great photos! I always love to see what others have done in classrooms. You have a talented family! And they are cute!