Wednesday, June 29, 2011

VACATION'S OVER

My family has been visiting me since June 8th.  What a great time.  We took a road trip up to Northern California to see cousins near Sacramento and across the Bay Bridge to see more cousins near San Francisco.  We stopped in to Saratoga for lunch with my dear friend, Sue; and showed the Grands the house Mom grew up in. We had a side jaunt to Morro Bay, a favorite spot and even took the kids to Bob's Big Boy.  Kalani, my 8-year old grandson, ate a cheeseburger at each restaurant we visited.  And, like all good grandsons will say, Grandma made the best cheeseburger (I think it was the guacamole).
Uncle Rich and Aunt Janet managed to visit from Utah and Idaho last weekend.

Lauren, my 15 year-old granddaughter asked me if we would be able to make it to Ruby's since it IS tradition.  So, yesterday we had lunch at Ruby's on Seal Beach Pier. Ruby's makes the BESTEST milkshakes.

Today they are on their way back to Florida.  Sigh............................... :-(

Think I'll take the rest of the day off and quilt tomorrow.  Noelle, age 4 designed a quilt on her Leapster and asked that I make it for her birthday in December. 

Quilt happy,
Marilyn

5 comments:

Barb said...

What a fun time for you...

hetty said...

What a beautiful family you have! Glad you had a great time. Sure, take the rest of the day off.

Theodora quilts said...

what a funfilled time you have had the retreat looks awsome as always and the fun you must of had baking cookies chocholate chip is my favorite too. And the road trip to so many exciting places ,we also had taken a trip up north to visit the redwoods near Crecent city ,california where I had just missed a quilt show by one day dang it!!! just 3 summers ago and by the way you mentioned Idaho my mom lives right on the boarder of Oregon and Idaho ,we used to go Boise on Sundays to church. I hope you have a nice time settling back to your normality of crafting and quilting now that all the excitment is over,do you put cuacamoli on your hamburgers??, theodora

Unknown said...

You have a lovely and beautiful family, Marilyn! So happy you all had a great visit. Yep, that's the right answer that Grandmom makes the best burger! Lol...

I look forward to your next quilting project...take some time to catch your breath! lol...

hugz

Karen Mallory said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time!! Too bad we couldn't get together this time! Your family is lovely!
hugs Karen