Saturday, July 30, 2011

INTERNATIONAL QUILT FESTIVAL PART ONE

Yesterday was the first day of IQF in Long Beach.  They had a preview night on Thursday; but, officially Friday was the first full day.  It is a great show and so much fun to run into so many quilting friends.  Yesterday was a volunteer day.  I was one of the white glove ladies; you know, the ones who remind you NOT to photograph certain quilts, and NOT to touch the quilts.  We can flip a quilt over to show the back with our white glove. I was stationed in O'Canada section.  More on that later.  Here are a few pictures I got before actually getting inside the show. 


Downtown Long Beach before the marine layer burned off. 
Quilters lining up to get in the show. 
I'm going again today; this time to play.

Quilt happy,
Marilyn

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, have some fun for me...lol!

hugz

hetty said...

Oh, boy! Playtime at the IQF! Do some for me!

Karen Mallory said...

Boy am I jealous!!! LOL
hugs Karen