Friday, December 16, 2011

FRIENDS

I belong to a great friendship group.  We call ourselves the Wednesday Wackos.  Each year for Christmas, we meet at one of the member's home for a potluck and exchange gifts with each other.  We often start thinking about these gifts at the first of the year.  That doesn't mean we don't change our minds several times until we hit upon the right one.   It is fun coming up with that certain something and getting it ready for the party.

We each take a turn passing out our gifts and everyone opens just that gift at the same time. It makes that warm glow of sharing last all the longer.


This year I made these little zippered bags and tried to match up likes and personalities.  Do you see the cat person?  I used the pattern over on Moda Bakeshop see here.

I so adore these women and the joy they bring to each other.  I feel truly blessed.  No, I didn't get pictures of the party; I was too darn busy having fun. 

Quilt happy,
Marilyn

4 comments:

beth said...

What GREAT gifts for everyone! I love them!

LeKaQuilt said...

I love your gifts, and your friends will use them every day and be thinking of you!

Barb said...

Sounds like such a fun time.....now you can breathe!!

Pat from Florida said...

Love the bags, and how special to have a weekly group like this!