Thursday, December 1, 2011

A SHORT TRIP

I've been gone for the past few days.  For over 30 years my friend Sue and I have kicked off our Christmas season together by shopping and playing.  We started doing this in San Francisco when I lived in the Bay Area.  Now, we live a good 400 miles apart and meet in the middle.  And, what a nice relaxing fun time we had.  As I was leaving our serene setting, I couldn't help snapping a photo with my phone to say goodbye till next year.
That golden hill is the changing fall color of the wine-grape vines.  I saw this for miles and miles.  It was gorgeous, and the small two-lane  highways didn't distract from the view. But, in a few hours . . . . 
It was dark by the time I made it home and very windy.  Back to eight-lane roads.  Back to reality.  Back to fun life that I enjoy in a different way.

Quilt happy,
Marilyn

7 comments:

Barb said...

What a fun time and fun thing to do....glad you got away.

Unknown said...

Welcome back. Its great spending time with friends. Wow! That area is gorgeous...wine country? Well, at the end of the day, there's no place like home! I know your furbabies will be so happy to see you!
hugz
Pam

hetty said...

What a fun little trip. Friends are the best. But home is where the heart is. And no amount of traffic can change that.

Susan said...

I bet you were in Paso Robles...and San Luis Obispo...perhaps? Love those areas! Did you stop into Fabricworm? :)

Anita said...

Glad you had a nice time away but gee are they the only 2 photo you took? LOL

beth said...

Sounds like a GREAT trip!

Karen Mallory said...

Glad you had such a nice time with your friend. My MIL gets together with her high school buddies in Dec too. (Or what is left) They are all in their 80's!
hugs Karen