Tuesday, July 5, 2016

NEW THINGS

I'm about  to sound like a commercial and they don't even know who I am. I was browsing in Costco last week and found this handy, dandy small appliance "3 Squares TIM Machine".


I had been looking to replace my very old rice cooker that seemed to leave at least 1/2 cup of rice stuck to the bottom of the cooker no matter what I did. This one is non-stick and as you can see it does just about everything but serve the food.


The first day I made fluffy rice and not one grain stuck to the bottom of my new non-stick 3 Squares. 

So, you know I have to try all those buttons don't you. The next day I made Greek yogurt. While this is an all-day process, it is a set it and forget it process.


Then I had to try the slow cooker. The great thing is that you can sauté it right in the cooker and then set the slow cooker and walk away. I know, how cool is that?


So, what to steam? Potatoes for a small 4th of July potato salad. Another set it up and it rings you that it's done then keeps warm until you get there. No guessing here. I know none of this is hard; but, really how simple is this?


Oh, but with so much going on, there is so much to go wrong you say. Probably; but, the whole thing cost less than $30 at Costco. So I put my old rice maker and my old slow cooker in the Goodwill pile and put my new friendly appliance away in the cupboard. It's calling me to make quinoa though. Okay, commercial over.

I did get a little sewing done in between playing with my new "time machine".

I finished my "What's in my Garden" quilt top. This was a group quilt from my friendship group (Talking Threads) where on your birthday month, the members presented the birthday girl with a quilt block per her selected theme.  Now to figure out the quilting on it.


Oh look at those dogs; they snuck in the picture again. 

I also made a sheet blanket for the guild's boutique.


When my daughter was living in Hawaii, she found these in a boutique shop. She asked if I would make her some as it is the perfect warm-weather blanket. It is also a good napping blanket in the summer. Just a little something to cover up with. Even at the grocery store where they can blast your little one with the air con.

Have a good week and

Quilt happy,

Marilyn

7 comments:

Karen Mallory said...

Looks like a great kitchen accessory! I wish mine had saute setting!
great quilt and blanket!
hugs Karen

Pamela MO said...

Tell me more about the sheet quilt. Is it two sheets quikted together or a top and bottom quikted together???


Great time machine.

Diana said...

Great bargain Marilyn, I'm impressed with all it does.

Cloudy Stitches said...

Oh Marilyn my Japanese Rice Cooker is doing exactly this same thing! i have a Costco membership i think i need to take a trip.Thanks for the review. The quilt topper is screaming curly vines to me. Amanda

Karen said...

Thanks for the heads-up on your new appliance - I will look and see if they have made it across the border as yet. Anything that saves time (and space) in the kitchen is tops in my books!

Needled Mom said...

Wow...that looks like a great piece of equipment. I especially like that you can brown in it. Thanks for the review.

I like how your blocks have come together. I also like that sheet blanket idea.

Barb said...

I might have to check this appliance out...looks like a wonderful gadget to have. Love your projects