Thursday, October 29, 2009

Christmas in July in October?

Yesterday my friendship group (The Wednesday Wackos) celebrated Christmas in July that was going to be in September but was cancelled until October 28. I guess you can see why we are called Wackos. The packages wrapped in red was for my Wacko Sister, Pat Barton. We met at Robin's house and everyone brought an appetizer. Yum! Then we each took turns opening our packages that spelled out CHRISTMAS. Each gift was to represent a letter. Did I mention that we are called Wackos? So you can see where I am going with this, right? Let's just say, we are a creative bunch.

My CHRISTMAS gifts had a theme. And a perfect theme for me: Doggies. It may be hard to see, but that little grey guy sitting in the basket is a schnauzer. And, I got schnauzer sock slippers that are soooo cute. All three of my doggies got halloween neckerchiefs. My Wacko Sister, made me two wonderful hotpads and a table topper with, you guessed it, doggies on them. Thank you Pat Morrison for drawing my name.

Here we all are. The Wednesday Wackos, a great friendship group who have been sewing, knitting, quilting, and playing together since 2002.

5 comments:

Melissa ;-) said...

Too much fun you lucky girl!

Karen Mallory said...

Great fun Marilyn. I am in a group of ladies who quilt and sew. We meet the last Wed of the month. Must be something about Weds!! LOL
hugs Karen

Khris said...

What a lucky wacko sister....love all the goodies...and lovely photo of you all...hugs Khris

DianneSahakian Dolls, Minidolls, Crafts said...

Marilyn We all have a wonderful wacko sister and you got a lot of goodies and everyone else did and hope all enjoy them. I love the photo of you all. Love and hugs Dianne

Diana said...

That's a great pic of all the girls Marilyn, love seeing you all and gee you got spoilt with all those goodies, looks like fun was had by all.
Hugs, Diana