Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lunch Outings

I have been slack about posting mostly because what I am sewing I don't want to share at the moment. I need another week before I can put up some pictures. However, in between sewing and other quilty business, I have had a few nice outings.

One was with an internet friend. I got to meet Barbara (AKA B2) and her husband Mike. Barbara and Mike live in Oregon and were traveling the West with there cat Trooper. I didn't get a picture. I forgot my camera and I didn't even think about my phone having a camera. So, I probably should not even mention the great lunch we all had at Ester's Taco House in Placentia.
http://estherstacos.com/home.htm Trust me, it was nice meeting my internet pal, who is a lovely lady. Of course we also stopped in at Quilter's Garden that is across the drive from Esters. I think we helped the economy a little.

I did remember that I had my cell phone with me when my good friend and neighbor, Dee, and I celebrated her birthday yesterday. We went to Da Vinci's Restorante in Long Beach. http://www.davincilb.com/ Da Vinci's is located next to the Long Beach Airport and has a great view, especially at night. Take a look at our lunch. Let's see, Dee had a Chicken Parmesan Sandwich and I had a Portabella Mushroom Sandwich. So Yummy! We took half home so we could justify that great dessert.





















Today I met another internet pal, Cynthia and her husband Raymond. They are here from Arkansas, visiting her family. They are travelling with their two dogs whose names escape me. Cyn and Raymond are leaving California tomorrow. That meant today was the only day left to fit in a lunch at a quaint, and busy, Chinese Restaurant. We also were managed a visit to Quilter's Garden and again added to the economy. Cyn and Raymond are a great couple and I felt I knew her forever. You can see why I hate to have my picture taken. I look like a deer in headlights.
The world is so much smaller these days with the internet and the groups you form on Yahoo. I have been able to meet several of my CRAFT friends from all over the world. Very special indeed.
Thanks for stopping in. See you here next week.

Marilyn



8 comments:

Khris said...

Ohhh its wonderful meeting our internet friends....wish I could have been there with you all....lunch looks great and that dessert looks very naughty...but ohhh so yummy!!! Hugs Khris

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

Sounds like you've been having a good time but....you're doing lunch with out me! I'll be home Monday which day next week should be have lunch? :)

Melissa ;-) said...

How great that you have gotten to meet everyone, but all this talk of food is KILLING me! LOL!

beth said...

so fun...getting to see internet friends! And all that yummy food! Thanks for sharing and being such an encourager to me. :)

DianneSahakian Dolls, Minidolls, Crafts said...

Hi Marilyn Its wonderful you met up with Cyn and Raymond and all had a great time and the picture is good of all of you. Love and Hugs Dianne

Lois said...

You have been very busy meeting up with friends and enjoying youself, plus the food looked delicious.
Hugs
Lois

Sharon-NZ said...

what a great few days - what fun and the pics are fantastic

Pat Barton said...

I love that you actually get to meet your internet friends. I would love to start making new friends that way...to add to the fantastic friends I have already :)