Friday, February 11, 2011

QUILTERS BY THE SEA

Last night Quilters by the Sea Quilt Guild held their general meeting.  Our guest speaker was Leora Raikin.  What a great evening that seemed to fly by.  Leora not only showed us her fabulous African Folklore Embroidery; but, in her wonderful South African accent, explained her journey into this fabulous craft.  In addition, we learned some fascinating facts.  For instance, the hippopotamus is not a cute animal.  It is a mean animal that drowns its victim and then doesn't even eat it because the hippo is a vegetarian.  So, don't imagine them smiling.  Seems as if they are rather grumpy.  (Sorry, my pictures are not great.  I forgot my camera and had to use my phone)



To learn more about Leora and her craft visit her at: http://www.aflembroidery.com/

Quilt happy,
Marilyn

1 comment:

hetty said...

Sounds like an interesting meeting. I love African art. It is so bright and primitive!