Monday, August 8, 2011

CINDY'S PANDA TWIST

Cindy's 4th UFO isn't due until the October Quilter's by the Sea Guild meeting.  But, I got the top finished today.  I had contemplated adding a ribbon border.  But, I called my BFF, Robin, after I messaged her a photo, and we decided it was done. After all, the Panda is the star. A ribbon border may be distracting.
It is a classic Garden Twist pattern.  I was able to find all the blocks, including the set-in triangles, in a bag.  Cindy also had more of the black and black and white prints.   I only had to add one triangle to a corner to get all the Pandas looking at us.  Now, what do you think?  Should the binding be the black and white polka dot or use the black and keep it simple, simple, simple?

Quilt happy,
Marilyn

11 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, I'm liking the black/white check fabric in the quilt; that would be great. In the event, you don't have any, a white with black dot would be nice....is the black/white dot all you've got? Go with that...
Awesome quilt!

hugz

beth said...

I think the polka dots would be a good choice for the binding. Good job Marilyn!

Jenny said...

I also think the polka dots would be good might be a bit dull with just black. Lovely quilt

Karen Mallory said...

Beautiful quilt and I had already decided the polka dots too before seeing the other responses!
hugs Karen

Pia said...

I would use the polka dots as binding.

Barb said...

Oh wow...this is one awesome quilt....you are sooo good to do this.

Pat Barton said...

I vote for polka dots. This turned out so, so cute Marilyn. Great job, as usual!

hetty said...

Wonderful top, Marilyn! I love that pattern. I've put it on my 'to do' list in the back of my mind. The polka dot fabric would look great as a binding.

Wacky Woman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Khris said...

polka dots, polka dots, polka dots...lol

Melissa ;-) said...

I say black and white too! Probably too late for my vote to count, but there it is!