Friday, May 10, 2013

FINISHED-ON-FRIDAY (Wk 19)

                      or

THE THREE CONTAINERS

You see these cute fabric containers all over the internet, on blogs, on  Pinterest, even in books. My plan was to make some of these fabric containers which should go together rather quickly.  Some of the ones I've seen are made from linen with cotton lining.  I had a few remnants of home dec fabric and decided to go with this. 
The first one is made with no interfacing, thinking the home dec fabric would hold up.  But, it is too soft.  (never mind that it upside down with directional fabric)

The next one is made a tad smaller using heavy weight (maybe even extra heavy weight) fusible interfacing.  And, it is too hard.  Besides I don't like the size.  (but it was right side up)

The third one is using a mid weight fusible interfacing.  And, it is just right.

Since I was on such a roll, I made three more all just right.

And, they are convertible. 

By the way, the "too soft" container inside out is right side up.  Oh, I so meant to do that.  Ha!  Now what are they going to contain?

Have a good weekend and

Quilt happy,

Marilyn

7 comments:

hetty said...

They look great! All of them! Did you make the pattern up yourself? I should make myself a few of these.

Unknown said...

They are some good looking containers, Marilyn! They are going to contain ... ummmm... sewing stuff! yep, maybe some fabric scraps!
hugzzzz...lol!!!

Needled Mom said...

Those are really wonderful. I think they would make great scrap baskets on the sewing machine - stylish and functional.

Pat from Florida said...

Lovely containers, and of course you meant to do that softie one. It's a design element!

Frances Moore said...

Oh they are wonderful!

Unknown said...

would love the link to the pattern!! they are so cute :)

Barb said...

I am laughing over here, you just can't make one.....they are wonderful!