Sunday, May 5, 2013

THREE FINISHES AND ONE NEARLY

A few days ago I told you I had high hopes that I would finish these four quilts by the end of the week. I missed that deadline.  Here is the status:  these three are finished clear through the binding and the labels.

 
 
They are going to Community Relations for Quilters by the Sea Quilt Guild.  Then there is this one:

I'm still quilting.  However, it is very close to being finished.  I only have to quilt the borders and bind it.  I didn't have any backing fabric that would really work.  So, a trip to M & L's sister store, Jenny's was in order.  I found a great matchy background and picked up what I thought would be plenty.  And, you guessed it, it was about 1/2 yard shy even by setting it width wise.  When it's finished, I'll show you my remedy.  I hope you have had a good weekend.

Quilt happy,
Marilyn


 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As usual you've done a fabulous job, my friend! Those quilts are gorgeous and will make some one and some one's family very happy! I look forward to the reveal of the back of a quilt? Yes I do!!!
hugz

Karen Mallory said...

I think getting three quilted and bound is still pretty good. I wouldn't have even garanteed one! LOL
hugs Karen
OH, they all look wonderful!

hetty said...

Getting three done is fantastic. I didn't do any sewing this weekend. The garden was calling me. I am looking forward to seeing how you solved your back dilemma.