Friday, November 8, 2013

PROGRESS REPORT


I really did not sew all week.  I managed to get in a few distractions.  I even went to the local quilt guild's (Flying Needles) Sit and Sew.  A very fun group of women.  But, then they are quilters. Always a fun group of people. 

I did put the pedal to the metal though and got all the quilt blocks made for the quilt top.  Oh how I miss my design wall.  Maybe I will pick up some batting and rig up something.  Here's where I am so far.


This is from a Hoffman Bali Pop, maybe 2 of the same. I cannot remember. But, I do know it would be the same one.  The pattern from, "Successful Planned Quilts", called for 2" by 3" blocks.  I could have tweaked it and used the 2.5" strips.  But, I was afraid it may be a bit clunky, therefore, I cut each strip down to 2".  That was not very fun.  But, the quilt itself is not very difficult.  Still, I like this kind of modern look.  I hope to have it finished by the end of the week.  Sunday Snaps on Sunday.

Have a great weekend and

Quilt happy,

Marilyn

4 comments:

beth said...

Oh....you're a much more patient quilter than I! Looks GREAT!

Melinda said...

No way would I have cut them down - good for you. Sounds like you are having a great time in Florida. How long are you staying?

hetty said...

Oh, that looks so pretty. I have a similar quilt in my UFO bin. You have inspired me. Maybe I can find some time to work on it.

Karen Mallory said...

Looking good Marilyn!!
hugs Karen