Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Knitting with Fabric





I finished another sample. This is something you can do with all that fabric stash just sitting around. You know, the stash you bought a long time ago and now wonder why? Perhaps it was only the color after all. Here is what I do with some of my unused stash. I knit with it. Oh, alright, sometimes I buy fabric just for this; but, you don't have to. I must tell you that not ALL fabric works with this. Sometimes it can be just too ugly. I started this "sample" using an ugly fabric that just didn't get any better with knitting. It was already cut and rolled into neat little balls and I thought that it would save time. And, it should have. Only as I went along, it actually got depressing it was so bad. That is when I took it off my needles and marched over to the circular file and dumped it. Too bad I didn't get a picture first.
But you can see the happy fabric I decided to use.
And this is the end product. A very cute purse or tote. It is lined with the pink and has pockets. (Two Wacky Women has a pattern for this and Crocheting with Fabric)





7 comments:

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

It turned out really cute.

Lauren Colless said...

Oh I like that :)

Karen Mallory said...

Looks really great Marilyn! What a nifty idea too! As if we don't have enough projects already! LOL
hugs Karen

Vickie said...

oh very very clever you is..well done,cheers Vickie

Khris said...

LOVE this bag Marilyn...clever girl...hugs Khris

beth said...

love the colors!

Sharon-NZ said...

love it what a great idea to knit with the fabric looks fantastic