Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Grommet Adventure



I think this has been the hardest sample to get done to date. Not because it has been especially hard; but, because of the grommets. Yes, the grommets. I picked out the grommets from our storage unit and distinctly remember putting them in my purse. And, I also distinctly remember how heavy my purse felt soon after. And, I distinctly remember taking them out of my purse. However, I cannot for the life of me remember where I put them. So a week goes by and Robin and I finally make it back to storage to look for another package of grommets. After at least 1/2 hour, we find them. We were so excited to find them we left to go shopping. This is what we do best after all. Don't you know that we left the package of grommets still in storage. Here is the fabric that the Grids and Grommets purse will be. It is partially constructed and once I get a package of grommets, I will post another picture. Don't hold your breath.

8 comments:

Kate Quilts said...

Love those fabrics. Good luck with the grommets. LOL

Karen Mallory said...

I hate when that stuff happens. Some days I feel like I am just wandering around forgetting what I am doing! LOL I love that fabric line. Are the grommets the little ones or those great big ones that is used in Amy Butler patterns
hugs Karen

Khris said...

ohhh I love this fabric Marilyn...red is best...lol...hugs Khris

Sharon's Place said...

Love the fabric!! No excuses you have to take pics when your done :o))

Hugs,
Sharon 2

Diana said...

LOL, I'm looking forward to seeing the end product Marilyn, with the grommets, love the fabric.
Diana

Beeshebags said...

Marilyn....Obviously grommets are going to be your nemesis...don't let them win, they're only round pieces of metal with a hole in the middle....you are far more superior than they are....YOU WILL BEAT THEM AT THEIR HIDING GAME! one day! lol Can't wait to see it finished. THe fabric looks great.

Hugs Naomi

Sharon-NZ said...

I love it Marilyn

John F Ayala said...

I loved visiting your blog. It is very colorful. Good luck with your grommets.