Wednesday, June 17, 2009


You know how some days are just better than other days? Today may be one of those days. I am a part of a swap with a great group of women. The swap is called Christmas in July. We each have one person we swap sending nine small gifts that spell out C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S. My partner is Diana from Oz and I have have had a good time getting all this together. And, I have been feeling very smug because I finished sooner than I thought I would. Then I found out it wouldn't fit into the Flat-Rate box.


Today I stopped off at my favorite Target and picked up a padded envelope. Believe me, it was a chore stuffing everything inside. With help from my Mom, I managed to seal it. Then I was nevous with all the bulges and used enough tape on it to seal the entire house. After I put the address on it and filled out the customs slip, over by the side of the couch I spot the card. I am not opening this package. Oh well, I can send that card all by itself. I address the card. All set right? Not so fast; then on the sofa I spy a small red box, labeled "C". Horrors. Even if the package was still open, it would never fit inside (and I am fairly certain, I have the largest padded envelope they make). Now I have to stop and pick up another padded envelope to stuff the box into. I'll do that when I pick up my Poochon from the groomers.


Diana, I promise there is a "C" in CHRISTMAS.

7 comments:

Karen Mallory said...

I am always leaving out the cards! LOL At least you are done. I'm not. My partner is Pennie of course who left the group, but we are still swapping. Great going on your blog Marilyn!
hugs Karen

Beeshebags said...

Hmmmm I bet Diana is getting heaps excited over what could be in the red box now...let alone what she could be getting in the big yellow sticky tape dispenser! lol How thoughtful of you to send her all that tape? Was that the "T" in Christmas? lol Great job at getting it finished off. Hugs Naomi

Khris said...

OMG thats so funny...and sounds like something I would do...hugs Khris

Anita said...

Oh Marilyn, that is something I would do!
At least you saw it before you posted the big parcel!

Diana said...

Ohh now I am really excited to know what is in that red box,lol, oh Marilyn you must of been ready to pull your hair out, you poor thing, sorry to be such a lot of trouble for you. Now I have to be extra careful tomorrow when I post yours off not to do the same thing. LOL

Unknown said...

rotflmbo! boy is that funny! Congrats on having it all done and ready to mail or so to speak!
hugz
Pam

Sharon-NZ said...

LOL.......yep sounds sooo familiar at my place its not funny