Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New Project

I found this pattern I want to piece in one of my quilt books, Fat Quarter Fun by Karen Snyder. It takes 30 fat quarters and a couple of yards of an accent color for pinwheels and binding. The background is completely scrappy and blendy (is that a word?). I love scrappy backgrounds. I want to utilize my stash. After all, what is it for but to use? Right? Right? I may have to buy a few more background pieces; but then, I may just squeak by. I think I will start cutting today so if I need more I can get it on Friday. Oh, on Friday Robin and I are going on a Quilt Run in the San Diego area. Seventeen shops in all. Yes, we are wacky.

11 comments:

beth said...

Have fun quilt running...an extreme sport!

Pat Barton said...

Looks very elegant! Have fun on the run, you wacko!

Khris said...

excellent...using stash is good hey....so you got a pic of what this is going to look like to show us?
Hugs Khris

Lauren Colless said...

Oooh what awesome colours :) Can't wait to see this quilt progress xx

Melissa ;-) said...

I'm liking the colors!

Unknown said...

I love those fats! Oooooo, can't wait to see it get started!

hugz
Pam

Karen Mallory said...

Going to be a great quilt Marilyn! Of course you need to go on that shop hop if you are going to use up 30 fat quarters of your stash. Have to replenish!! LOL Have fun!
hugs Karen

Melinda said...

I wish I was there to go with you.

Beeshebags said...

I still wanna come along....Missed the plane so alas won't make this one! Hugs Naomi

Lois said...

Nice colours marilyn, why is it we never have the right colours we are looking for?
Hugs
Lois

Sharon-NZ said...

its going to be great Marilyn