Monday, June 7, 2010

QUILTING TODAY?

If I can get to my Janome 6600P today, I am going to start quilting these two tops. I am having my hardwood floors refinished in the front two bedrooms and somehow I managed to stack piles and piles of things in front of my big sewing machine. I am really in the mood, so I'm thinking I will probably make the effort. As soon as I am finished and they look like quilts, I will tell you all about them. Like most quilts, they have a story.

Here are the backing fabrics. I wonder if I have any batting left? Oh darn, that may mean a trip to M&L or Joanns.

Wish me luck. Happy quilting.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Marilyn! Wow!
You've been busy and those quilts are just lovely. I especially like the green charms...really beautiful; oh and how you placed the vertical lines in the quilt! looking forward to seeing them quilted! AWESOME!!!
hugz, Pam

Deanna Gottreu said...

Marilyn both quilts are beautiful. I really like the backing fabric also. Looking forward to seeing them again after they are quilted.

Beeshebags said...

Funnily enough, I do believe I recognise the top pattern...lol Great job Marilyn....love the backing fabrics. Hugs Naomi

Khris said...

woohoo...way to go Marilyn...2 quilts...you are too good...hugs Khris

Diana said...

Wow you sure have been busy, looks get Marilyn, cant wait to see them quilted.
hugs
Diana

Melinda said...

Both are great quilts - have fun quilting them.

Melissa ;-) said...

Both are pretty, but I am really liking the colors in that second one!

Karen Mallory said...

Love the fabrics you used for Khris' pattern! The other quilt looks great too.
Your salad looks yummy. We have been having lots of salad as out lettuce and spinach is really growing good!
Annette looks happy with her quilt!
hugs Karen

Jan said...

Marilyn, these are great. I really love the top one. Before I was quilting I drove by M&L, once a week, going from LB or Cypress, home to Murrieta, I've never stopped in!

Sharon-NZ said...

they are great Marilyn cant wait to see them finished