Friday, June 11, 2010

Sew Simply Charmed Finished


This darling pattern is the very first quilt pattern by Khristina McCarthy in Australia. I tested her adorable pattern and it is available for purchase at: http://sewprimkhris.blogspot.com/ I like how it turned out, and by the way, so do the members of my quilt guild, www.quiltersbythesea.com . I took it for show and tell last night and then handed it in to Community Relations so they could give it to one of our charities. The top picture I snapped before it was washed.

And, since I have two dogs, who think quilts are very soft to sit on when I am binding, I really HAD to wash it. So the second picture is after washing and a glimpse of the backing. I opted to quilt it with a simple stitch in the ditch and straight lines on the white. This had a variety of vintage repo fabrics and less was more in this case, don't you think?
Happy Quilting,
Marilyn

17 comments:

Needle in a haystack said...

This is beautiful! I remember you working on this at the Two Wacky Woman retreat. It came out great.

Cloth Doll Lover said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cloth Doll Lover said...

Marilyn it turned out fantastic...well done. Khris certainly has done a great job on the pattern.
Hugs
Amanda

Sharon-NZ said...

Marilyn its wonderful I love it

Cloth Doll Lover said...

testing Marilyn...

Diana said...

Oh those fabrics are more yummy close up, love it Marilyn, so fresh and pretty.
hugs
Diana

Unknown said...

Marilyn...your quilt is beautiful! I love the quilting also.... Khris will be thrilled when she sees it!
hugz, Pam

Karen Mallory said...

Wonderful quilt Marilyn! Someone is going to be thrilled to recieve it and it will make their day!
hugs Karen

Anita said...

Love it Marilyn! Nice fabrics.

Micki said...

Your quilt turned out beautifuly!
Micki

Jan said...

Ditto, to the above comments. This is fantastic.

Jan said...

Ditto, to the above comments. This is fantastic.

scottylover said...

Very cute! I am always looking for ideas for charm packs, and this is a great one for that! You did a great job with the quilting. Lets the fabrics shine through.

I think I see the legs of your Schnauzer under the quilt! Must be waiting for it to hit the floor for another chance to sit on it! :)

Sandy A

Beeshebags said...

I love it Marilyn.....I can't remember, did you mention which charm pack(s) you used for it? Wonderful job by one of the Wacky Women. Hugs Naomi

Khris said...

woohoo...it looks great my friend...I love it...hugs Khris

Pat Barton said...

I love this...count me in for a pattern when it's available.

Wacky Woman said...

Pat, you are set to no reply. That pattern is available on Khristina's site (re-read the blog). It is not one of Robin's patterns. I hope you get this.