Monday, April 9, 2012

A FINISH

Something is finished.  Really.  Gosh, it’s been a dry spell.  But, this weekend was set aside for quilting.  This will be donated to Quilters by the Sea's community service group.  My plan this year is to make quilts for the veterans.  The pattern is “Out of the Box” by A Quilter’s Dream. 


All the fabric (fat quarters) was pulled from my stash.  I wasn’t happy when I started to piece it; nothing seemed to go together. But, I am determined to work with mostly my stash this year.  We’ll see. 

It's a good scrappy quilt. Hopefully it will make a vet happy.
While photographing this quilt, this blue bird was keeping a close eye on what was happening.  There must be a nest nearby.  Now, is this a Blue Jay or a Scrub Jay?  I always heard that there are no Blue Jays in California.  But look at that crest.  Let's just call it a Blue Bird. 



Quilt happy,

Marilyn 

3 comments:

Vesuviusmama said...

Very nice! Anyone would be thrilled to receive such a beautiful quilt!

Pat from Florida said...

Love it and so will the receiving vet!

hetty said...

OMG! Look what I have missed by being without a computer for a couple of days! I love that quilt. And the jay is a Steller's Jay, I think. I don't know much about the jays on the west coast. But there are no Blue Jays in your neck of the woods. And the Scrub Jay has no crest.