Wednesday, June 13, 2012


BACK DOOR ART

Most of my friends visit me via my back door.  When I knew my granddaughter and her BFF would be visiting, I thought it would be a great opportunity to update the tired, and now worn “rug” I had painted twelve years ago.  It became quite a process.  An original design was scrapped for a more tropical theme.

The Artists

 Covering the old paint
Setting the back drop (a little scary)

Getting to the fun stuff

 Trudy peeking from behind a tree

Gracie looking happy

Thank you Maddie and Ashley.  It puts a smile on my face every time I
walk up to the back door.



Quilt happy,

Marilyn

10 comments:

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

Can't wait to see it. It looks like the girls did a great job.

hetty said...

What a great idea! It looks fantastic.

Karen said...

Mariln, you are an amazing grandmother. I love what the girls painted - so unique!

Jolene Yen said...

I love it! They really did a wonderful job and they did it soooo fast! Why didn't you post a complete pic...just wondering?

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, how fun is that??? What lovely girls.

The Knaup's said...

OH you are the COOLEST Gma EVER! Great job, girls! So artistic!

Beautiful "rug" and beautiful young ladies too!

Love this post!

Melinda said...

I hope I get to see it next month. It looks great.

Khris said...

I have to agree with the others and say you are an "awesome Grandma". The kids are so very lucky to have you...hugs Khris

Margaret said...

Now that is a work of art, simply amazing .

Karen Mallory said...

That is so cool! Now you will always have your grandaughter's art as part of your house!
hugs Karen