Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A COUPLE OF COOL FINISHES


It has turned hot and my only air-conditioned room is my quilt room.  That means I am getting some things finished. 
Back in June I took a workshop at my quilt guild.  The class was taught by a good friend, Carol Logue, who is a certified “Quilt in a Day” instructor.  The quilt she was teaching was Silent Star, an Eleanor Burns pattern.   I just knew, no matter how much I liked it, that I had better make a table runner instead.  So, that is just what I did.  I like it.  It’s a good summer runner.


In my quest to stay cool, I also finished a little gift.  But, I’m only giving you a peek until….


Quilt happy,

Marilyn

11 comments:

Khris said...

ohh I am loving the sneak peak....very nice indeedy.
Hug Khris

beth said...

I see some NICE swirls and circles in those stitches! ;)

Karen Mallory said...

My idea of a table runner is a lot smaller than yours! LOL
Like the sneak peak. Lovely quilting swirls!
hugs Karen

Jenny said...

Love the table runner you are very clever being able to quilt it yourself. The sneak peek looks interesting

hetty said...

Nice sneak peek. Love the swirly quilting. Fantastic table runner. I like it too!

Pat from Florida said...

That's a LARGE table runner! Love it. The circle quilting on the sneak peak is great.

Melissa ;-) said...

Oh, my! Good thing your air conditioned room is not your laundry room! LOL! Lovely runner!

Needled Mom said...

Love the prairie points too. Lovely quilt.

Unknown said...

Wow...what a tease! ! sticking purple in front of me and in a pinwheel! ! ! ! cannot wait till the reveal!

hugz

Karen said...

Gorgeous work, Marilyn and your quilting looks spectacular!

Barb said...

There you go teasing again!!!