Sunday, November 25, 2012

SUNDAY SNAPS


Still in Arizona this week, spending some very valuable time with my mother.  Here are a few of my moments 

I had some leftover roast beef and made up these little beef rolls for Mom and me.  They were pretty “Awesome”.

I still managed to get in some quilty “Work/Play” time in.  I managed to get two charity quilts quilted and one gift quilted. 

 
This is “What I Wore”, socks and rarely put on shoes.  And it felt really good. 



Mom and I spent Thanksgiving together while my brother and his wife spent time with her family in New Mexico.  Since it was just the two of us, we ate our favorite foods:  lobster and artichokes.  I am “Grateful” for the time I am able to spend with her. 

 
Did any of you go and experience “Black” Friday?  By the looks of things, I think I am glad I missed it.

 
One of this week’s prompt was a “Sound I Heard”.  Don’t you just love the sound of children laughing, even on TV? 

 
And then there’s Ashton . . . .

 

And the last picture is the very clear Arizona “Sky”.

Quilt happy,

Marilyn

8 comments:

Vesuviusmama said...

Lobster and artichokes - I love it! Sounds like a wonderful week.

Susan said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving Marilyn! Lobster and artichokes? Just another reason why I like you...sounds like a heavenly meal.
For the second year in a row I participated in a Black Friday Sew In on twitter with fellow quilters - it was fun!
So wonderful that you are visiting your mom. What a lucky lady she is. :)

Jacqueline said...

Yes your time with your Mom is blessed time. Enjoy every moment .

hetty said...

Glad you are enjoying your time with your Mom. Lobster and artichokes? Sounds good to me. Love that Arizona sky!

Unknown said...

So happy to hear you had a wonderful time with your Mom. She certainly looks happy to have Thanksgiving supper with you! Now you are safely home and the girls were probably ecstatic to see you! Lol..
We had great Thanksgiving!
hugzzzz

Karen Mallory said...

What a good time you had. Seeing your mom and relaxing. I would love to have lobster and artichokes on any day!! ;)
hugs Karen

Barb said...

Loved the picture of your mom

Frances Moore said...

LOve those socks! A really great post about your mom.