Saturday, March 2, 2013

ANOTHER QUILT ON ITS WAY


When my granddaughter, Maddie and her friend, Ashley (both 13 at the time) were here last summer, I held some sewing lessons.  Because neither had ever sewn before, I decided the jelly roll race quilt would teach straight sewing with an emphasis on sewing a ¼” seam.  Today I finally quilted that lesson for them.  I think Ashley is getting the quilt, because as Maddie said, “I have a few from you Grandma”. 

Turned out pretty good I think for their first ever quilt. 

Quilt happy,

Marilyn

6 comments:

Jan said...

It did turn out great.

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

Very nice indeed. Ashley will love it and it will bring her lot's of memories.

Melinda said...

It turned out wonderful and a great memory for the girls.

Needled Mom said...

That is lovely and she will treasure it.

hetty said...

That did turn out great! I am sure Ashley will love it.

Unknown said...

Wow! Good job!
hugz
Pam